動詞： 1. become imbued; of liquids, light, or gases, in chemistry2. take up, as of knowledge or beliefs
3. take up, as of debts or payments; 例子 "absorb the costs for something"
4. take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water well"; 相似 "She drew strength from the minister's words"
5. cause to become one with; "The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
6. suck or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter"
7. engross (oneself) fully; "He immersed himself into his studies"
8. engage or engross wholly; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"